Nobody is going to want to read your great content if it’s not delivered effectively. Your strategy should include great graphic design so that your content will shine. Design strategy is based around a few particular principles.
- The entire purpose of graphic design is to show the level of creativity that your business possesses. It’s not just about pretty pictures. Good design combines the creative process with the goals of your business.
- Design is about a blend of content. Great design seamlessly combines text, graphics, illustration, overall layout, and the brand of your business.
- Give it some breathing room. Great graphic design uses plenty of white or negative space between images, text, columns, and frames. Don’t let things overlap. By the same token, make sure that your design elements aren’t floating around aimlessly. They should be anchored to a central point.
- Consistency is key. Whatever it is you are designing, readers need to know where to go and what to look for. If your design is too flashy and difficult to navigate, readers will find themselves confused. Inconsistent graphic design doesn’t convert; it will drive away your readers instead.
- Don’t expect to get it right the first time. Graphic design is as much an art as it is a strategy and great graphic design approaches a problem from a number of different perspectives.