TAHC – case study
The Tennessee Association for Home Care represents home health agencies, hospice organizations, personal support service agencies. The company needed an ambitious rebrand that communicated their mission, vision, and values. Social Link partnered with TAHC to develop a comprehensive plan for the company’s branding, marketing, and strategy over the next three years.
We started by creating an Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) Plan. This holistic plan redefined TAHC’s:
We developed an overarching strategy that pinpointed TAHC’s customer personas and SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, challenges). The customer personas—which included goals, demographics, psychographics, and values—formed an in-depth profile of TAHC’s potential members and buyers. The SWOT analysis, on the other hand, was an inward-looking report that identified key elements of TAHC’s current business. These concepts served as a foundation to guide TAHC’s marketing and branding efforts.
In addition to branding, we laid out a marketing game plan which included inbound methodology, content, and channel-specific initiatives. A full model was defined, which
included stages for attracting, converting, closing, and delighting TAHC’s customers.
For each stage, specific initiatives and activities were proposed to facilitate customer movement through the funnel. With this roadmap, we established a framework for:
Marketing Content, Channels, & Activities
- Who? – Nurses, Volunteers, Home Health Care Agencies, Aides, Patients, Patient Family Members
- What?– donate, contests, education opps, career development, website resources, events for organic reach
- Who? – Administrators, CEOs, Board Members, Medical Services/Supplier Reps
- What?– conferences, webinars, job listings, website resources, benefits, call for keynotes and speakers
- Who? – Leads, non-members
- What?– conference recaps, non-member free recorded webinars, how-to videos
CONTENT & KEYWORDS
Your Website – tahc-net.org
- New domain name – this redirects to https://tahc-net.site-ym.com/default.aspx
- Resource center
- Product development for store (nurse mentoring toolkit)
- Find a home care agency – search tool
SEO– get found by the right people you are targeting
- Search Engines – your company and offer pages is shown at the top
- Keywords – “Home care”, “volunteer home nurse”, “home health supplies”, “senior home care”, “caregiver”, “home care agency”, etc.
- Quick wins – get found for your brand name, add a sitemap, metadata for each web page, link building on other websites like Guidestar Database, Keynote Speaker websites, etc.
Next, we proposed an integrated series of creative concepts to embody the branding transition. The creative included logos, brand positioning, and segmented messaging based on TAHC’s targeted customer personas. Many potential logos were presented, each striving for a more bold, modern design than TAHC’s existing logo.
Using the concepts from the IMC plan, we created a new website, brand manual, and marketing collateral. We then helped TAHC unveil the new brand at their annual trade show.
Tennessee Association for Home Care is very pleased with the outcome of the project. They’ve rated Social Link’s service with 5/5 stars, and we are continuing to work together on overall digital strategy. We now look forward to helping TAHC engage current subscribers and attract new ones using social media, paid search advertising, email and social.
“They’re adaptable and they prioritize our strategy preferences.”
– Executive Director, Tennessee Association for Home Care